Job opportunities within Blossom ABA Limited
Behaviour Technician Vacancy in Penarth, South Wales, UK (SEN Learning Support Assistant)
Behaviour Technician Vacancy in Penarth, South Wales, UK
Type of contract: term-time only (39 weeks per year)
Hours of work: Hours to be discussed.
Hourly rate: £10.50 to £13.00 per hour (salary depends on experience)
How to apply:
If you'd like to apply, please send us your CV and a cover letter with the heading 'Penarth Behaviour Technician Role' to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
We are seeking to employ 1 enthusiastic Behaviour Technician to receive training provide 1:1 support and to implement ABA based interventions to a young person in Penarth, Wales, UK.
The successful candidate will be working with one other behaviour technician as part of a job share. The programme is ran by experienced Board Certified Behaviour Analysts. You will be teaching the young person in their own home, in school and access the community.
Training will be based on behaviour analytical principles which will need to be incorporated into the role. You need to be enthusiastic, keen to learn, to have good interpersonal and communication skills.
Please note that, individually as part of a team, we are fully committed to adhering to safeguarding and safer recruiting policies and a thorough check of all candidates will be carried out before you start working with your learners in line with the requirements for this role.
The successful candidate will be employed by Blossom ABA Limited and will be entitled to pension and holiday pay. You will be part of a very knowledgeable and supportive group!
You will be required to undergo training and attend meetings outside time with the client as part of this role so additional hours may be required.
Out of term time work may be available depending on client/business needs.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to create rapport with the learner and their family.
- Excellent interpersonal and social skills.
- 5 GCSEs
- 1-2 years experience working with children with developmental delays in the learner's own home or educational setting.
- Willingness to work at the learner's own home, school and in the community (full training and support will be provided).
- Understanding of how to implement procedures and record information.
- A valid, clear enhanced DBS check
- A BSc. in child development, psychology or any related subjects. ABA MSc student applications will also be welcome.
- Experience in running ABA interventions at home and school settings.
- Experience working with learners in a community setting.
- A valid UK driving licence.
- Availability for cover of other behaviour technicians and to increase a caseload gradually. Some out of term time work may be required.
This is an employed position that includes the following benefits:
* Holiday pay
* Company uniform
* Equipment that is specific to the role
* Professional development opportunities
* Full training and support will be provided on an ongoing basis as part of our employee scheme and you will be part of a very knowledgeable and supportive group.
* Opportunity to become a Registered Behaviour technician and to undergo necessary training and supervision.
* BACB approved supervision can be discussed if you are planning to sit the BCBA exam
* Further opportunities for career development.
Blossom ABA Limited provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or disability status.
We follow Public Health England and Wales covid-19 guidelines and we adhere to our internal covid-19 policy.